Licence to operate a Forklift Truck TLILIC0003
At Gallmac, our Forklift course was created to give students the health and safety training necessary to operate a forklift truck in many different working environments across Australia.
Our goal is to deliver the highest level of training to students in a small class environment. It is essential to get sufficient one-on-one time with our highly knowledgeable trainers specifically when it comes to the practical training required for real-world forklift operations.
A Forklift is an industrial lift truck consisting of a horizontal forked device or similar attachment on front, used to lift and carry materials over short distances. Forklifts are a versatile machine that can be used in many industries such as factories, warehouses storage yards and construction sites. There are several types of forklifts, however, a pallet truck or a pedestrian-operated truck does not include a forklift truck.
This training will give you the skills required to plan and prepare a job for forklift operations, conduct all routine operational checks, set-up and operate a forklift in line with site procedures, assess the weight of the load specific to that job, park-up and shut-down a forklift according to procedures and finally ensure a clear work area is maintained.
All elements of this course will be taught by our highly competent trainers at our onsite facility in Brisbane through theory and hands-on practical training. The course content will include, but is not limited to the following;
- Health and safety legislation and company policies and procedures
- Hazard identification and environmental issues
- Risk assessment and control implementation
- Safe operating techniques of a forklift
- Routine operational checks
- Logbook record keeping
- Characteristics and limitations of various attachments
- Maintenance duties and isolation procedures
- Traffic management plans
- Ground conditions and soil types
- Working load limit calculations
- Workplace communication
The successful applicant will be capable in demonstrating the following;
- Identify and record potential workplace hazards such as insufficient lighting, overhead structures and beams, ground stability and weather conditions
- Implement control measures using the hierarchy of controls to prevent hazards from reoccurring
- Carry out before and after operational checks such as pre-start, start-up and shut down checks and record in the forklift’s logbook
- Operate a forklift at safe speeds by manoeuvring forward and back and ensuring the load is always stable
- Check for ground stability prior to forklift activities such as potholes, backfilled ground and uneven surfaces to ensure the safe transfer of materials
- Choose and fit the appropriate attachment for the task being carried out such as clamps, spikes and jib attachments
- Understand the capabilities, limitations and functions of the various attachments
- Calculate safe working loads and ensure safe positioning of that load while in transit to prevent hazards
- Conduct maintenance checks and report faulty equipment according to site procedures
- Communicate effectively with all workplace personnel and ensure communication procedures such as two-way radios, hand signals and signage are in place
- Document all information relevant to forklift activities according to site instructions
- Comply with all relevant health and safety legislation and workplace policies and procedures
On successful completion of this course, students will have acquired the necessary skills to safely compete forklift activities in compliance with all obligatory regulations.
Our knowledgeable and flexible trainers at Gallmac will ensure you are confident and site-ready to gain employment in many sectors including construction and manufacturing.
Phone: 0420 583 297
Email: Email Us