Gallmac have developed a comprehensive training plan aimed at students who want to carry out work in confined spaces. This course will provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary to safely enter and exit a confined space and act as a standby person.
A confined space can be an enclosed or partially enclosed area with limited entry. Confined spaces such as storage tanks, pipes and pressure vessels are not intended to be areas where people work or occupy. The appropriate health and safety training is vital due to the dangers from hazardous gases, dust and poor ventilation within the confined space that people work in.
At Gallmac, our detailed training course will teach you how to plan and prepare a job for confined space activities, safely enter and exit a confined space, carry out work in various types of confined spaces, obtain the necessary work permits, inspect the confined space and isolate if necessary and lastly maintain a clean work area.
All elements of this course will be taught by our highly competent trainers through written and practical teachings at our onsite training location in Brisbane. The course content will include, but is not limited to the following;
- Health and safety legislation, standards and workplace policies and procedures
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and control implementation
- Identify various types of confined spaces
- Procedures for entering and exiting a confined space
- Completing activities inside various confined spaces
- Capabilities and limitations of safety equipment
- Isolation procedures
- Regulatory requirements such as permits
- Emergency procedures and personal protective equipment
- All methods of communication in the workplace
- How to implement an environmental management plan
The successful applicant will have the ability to demonstrate the following;
- Identify potential hazards associated with confined space operations such as harmful gases, dust and the risk of fire.
- Assess the risks and implement the necessary control measures to avoid potential hazards and ensure the safety of all workplace personnel
- Complete tasks in a variety of confined spaces such as sewers, water tanks, boilers and pipes
- Select and install the appropriate safety equipment and personal protective equipment for the job being carried out
- Understand the use of atmospheric monitoring devices prior to entering a confined space and during confined space operations
- Obtain the necessary permits for confined space entry
- Carry out an inspection after the safe exiting of a confined space
- Understand and apply safe work method statements and safety data sheets
- Recognise the different hazardous gases and their effect on the body
- Communicate effectively with all co-workers specifically the confined space stand-by person and ensure appropriate methods of communication such as signage and barriers are in place
All aspects of this training are essential in the successful completion of our confined spaces course. Our highly knowledgeable trainers will ensure you have the practical hands-on experience to safely complete work in many types of confined spaces including storage tanks, water tanks, pipes and vessels.
Gallmac will confidently prepare you for multiple employment opportunities in industries such as construction, mining, manufacturing and transportation.
Phone: 0420 583 297
Email: Email Us