At Gallmac, we have developed a comprehensive training plan providing you with the necessary skills and hands-on experience to successfully carry out Water-cart operations across many industries within Australia. We offer extensive training to students in a small class setting allowing for adequate one-on-one time with our highly competent and flexible trainers.
A water cart is a truck like machine consisting of a tank connected to spray nozzles at the front, rear and sides. It is mainly used on construction sites for dust control, irrigation, compaction and road construction. A water cart is essential on all construction sites in Australia due to its hot climate, for dust management and to prevent environmental hazards.
This course will provide students with the necessary tools to plan and prepare a job for water cart activities, conduct routine checks of both the machine and its equipment, operate a water cart in line with manufacturers specifications, load and distribute water efficiently, carry out maintenance on plant and equipment and perform isolation procedures if necessary and finally maintain a hazard free work environment.
All elements of this course will be taught through theoretical and practical teachings at our onsite location in Brisbane and will include, but is not limited to the following;
- Hazard identification, environmental issues and control implementation
- Water cart operating techniques
- Routine operational checks
- Efficient water distribution
- Maintenance checks and isolation procedures
- Written, verbal and visual communication in the workplace
- Traffic management requirements
- Documentation associated with water cart operations
- Emergency procedures
- Maintenance of the work area
The successful candidate will have the skills to carry out the following;
- Identify, monitor and report potential hazards in the workplace
- Assess the risks and implement necessary control measures using the hierarchy of controls
- Document relevant water cart operations in compliance with obligatory regulations and site policies and procedures
- Carry out all routine operational checks including pre-start and shut down checks
- Operate a water cart adjusting techniques to the various work conditions
- Load and distribute water efficiently to suppress the dust and ensure appropriate moisture content of soil
- Recognise the characteristics, capabilities and limitations of the various water pumps and distribution systems
- Carry out maintenance on plant and associated equipment, detect faults and isolate according to site procedures
- Implement an effective traffic management plan
- Understand soil types and the importance of compaction due to moisture content
- Estimate safe working load and earthwork calculations
- Communicate effectively with all workplace personnel and ensure communication equipment such as two-way radios, barriers and signs are adhered to
On successful completion of this course, students will be competent in carrying out water cart activities in compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation across many work sites in Australia.
Our supportive and flexible trainers at Gallmac will ensure you have the confidence and assurance necessary to gain employment across many industries including the construction and mining industries.
Phone: 0420 583 297
Email: Email Us