RIIMPO321B – Conduct Civil Construction Wheeled Front End Loader Operations
Gallmac have created a unique training plan for students wanting to complete our ‘Front-end loader’ operations course. This course is taught by our highly knowledgeable and enthusiastic trainers in a small class environment giving students ample one-on-one time for their practical training, essential for onsite front-end loader activities.
A front-end loader is a type of tractor consisting of two booms at the front attached with a wide bucket, used in construction to load materials such as sand, gravel and dirt onto trucks. The bucket can be permanently mounted or removed, and another attachment fitted in its place making it a more versatile machine.
This course will give students the skills necessary to plan and prepare a job for front-end loader activities, conduct before and after operational checks, operate a front-end loader using various techniques, fit and remove suitable attachments for the task in hand, carry out maintenance duties on front-end loader and its attachments, relocate a front-end loader between job sites and finally maintain a clean work environment.
All components of this course will be taught by our highly experienced and intellectual trainers through written and practical teachings at our onsite facility in Brisbane. The course content will include, but is not limited to the following;
- WHS legislation, Australian standards and workplace policies and procedures
- Hazard identification, environmental issues and control implementation
- How to safely operate a front-end loader
- Routine operational checks
- Characteristics and functions of various front-end loader attachments
- How to fit and remove attachments
- Maintenance duties and isolation procedures
- Relocation of front-end loader between sites
- Different types of materials and their characteristics
- Earthwork calculations
- Communication methods in the workplace
The successful student will have the necessary skills to carry out the following;
- Identify, monitor and report potential hazards in the workplace such as power lines, unstable ground conditions and weather conditions
- Assess the risks and implement necessary control measures to avoid hazards from reoccurring on site
- Complete front-end loader operations such as levelling, back filling, loading materials and cutting and boxing using the various techniques
- Recognise the various attachments and understand their capabilities and limitations
- Choose the correct attachment for the specific task in hand
- Fit and remove attachments according to manufacturer’s specifications and instructions.
- Conduct maintenance on machinery and associated equipment and isolate if faulty in line with site procedures
- Relocate a front-end loader between work sites in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure an effective traffic management plan is in place
- Estimate safe working loads to ensure safe loading and unloading of materials
- Document relevant front-end loader data in line with company policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, machine operators and all other workplace personnel
- Ensure communication equipment such as two-way radios, signage and barriers are in place
- Comply with all obligatory health and safety legislation and site procedures
On successful completion of this training, students will have the skills and hands-on practical experience required to safely operate a front-end loader in many work sites across Australia.
Our supportive and passionate trainers at Gallmac will confidently prepare you for multiple job opportunities in the construction, agricultural and mining industries.
Phone: 0420 583 297
Email: Email Us